Ingredients: for 4 people
- 2 aubergines
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60g of pistachio
- 1 tablespoon of Ras el hanout
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can of butter beans
- 70g of dried apricots
- 400g of chopped tomatoes (can or fresh)
- 240g of couscous
- 1 teaspoon of Harissa powder or paste.
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C.
Slice the aubergines lengthways into thin wedges. Put the aubergines wedges and the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray with the harissa powder, a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
Mix well and put the tray in the oven for 30 min.
2. Peel and slice the red onion, grate the garlic and dice the dried apricots.
3. In a large pan or a cocotte, heat some olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and cook until softened.
Then, add the garlic and the ras el hanout and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and the vegetable stock cube with 400 ml of boiled water.
5. Add the rinsed butter beans to the pan and cook until the sauce has thickened (6-8 minutes).
Add the chopped apricots to a small bowl and cover them with boiled water to rehydrate.
6. Put the couscous in a large bowl with 400 ml boiled water, cover and set aside.
Put the chopped pistachio nuts in a pan on medium heat until toasted.
7. Once the sauce has cooked and thickened, add to the pan the cooked aubergine and the cherry tomatoes.
Add the soaked apricots with the soaking liquid and cook for 2-3 min.
8. Fluff the couscous with a fork and add half the toasted pistachio nuts, the juice of the lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.